The St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf Physical Education program promotes fitness, knowledge, and skills that lead toward a lifelong enjoyment of physical activity. We work towards helping our students develop a positive attitude toward physical activity as well as making healthy choices.
– develops the whole person cognitively, emotionally, and physically.
– feature both cooperative, competitive team, and group games.
– promotes setting individual, team goals, and how to successfully work towards them.
– activities teach cooperation, fair play, and promote respect towards teachers, opponents, and classmates.
– develops confident students ready to take on the challenges of daily life.
Our Program also includes:
– boys Varsity & Junior Varsity basketball teams.
– girls basketball & cheerleading squad.
– a monthly Saturday “Fun Day” program allowing the students to actively participate in group & team games on a more social level.
– an annual basketball basketball tournament which brings together both deaf and hearing teams to promote a sense of accomplishment for all involved.
– two “field days” for both our lower & upper departments.
– we also get together for various professional & college sporting events. These events bring students, family members and faculty together on the weekends promoting a sense of family.